how was everyone's weekend?

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

how was everyone's weekend?

Post by mb_rockstar »

i had a fun weekend. friday, went clubbing at the shark club in costa mesa. saturday, went to a friends house and played mario cart all day. sunday, went snowboarding at snow summit (and got a really bad sun burn). monday, interview at d&b and bonfire at corona del mar.

phew...i'm really tired.

funny thing going out to places. it's a small world... i spotted an old friend and his gf while snowboarding at snow summit....i wonder if they recognized me... ;)
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

No way??? You bastard! I went to Snow Summit on Thursday and Sunday! I think I saw you there... There was a female who looked like you and I thought "nah." Was that you??

Bonfire... Haven't done that for a while. Corona Del Mar is my favorite beach ;)

Girl, you spotted an old friend and his girlfriend. Us? Why didn't you say "hi"? :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

AHAHA!! yes way!

I spotted you by the lift. you slid right by me...and then your girlfriend came by soon after with someone. i swear, i didn't recognize you for awhile.

then i kept looking and i'm like...hmm...is that mike? nah....is it?? nah...OMG! it is!! hahaha. it was confirmed when i saw kim.

by the time i finally realized it was you, you guys were already getting on the lift and i was totally done for the day. man...i was hurting from head to toe! i was standing by the entrance of the lift, thinking if i should have another go at it, but i decided not to.

(you wore a beige sweater, right? i wore black pants and a grey sweater and i had a bright red sun burned face! ouchy...)

we went down the summit run a few times. which one did you guys go down?

i would have flagged you guys down if i had recognized you sooner...
i'm sorry :/
Mikey_ wrote:No way??? You bastard! I went to Snow Summit on Thursday and Sunday! I think I saw you there... There was a female who looked like you and I thought "nah." Was that you??

Girl, you spotted an old friend and his girlfriend. Us? Why didn't you say "hi"? :)

me too! i love that beach... :)
Mikey_ wrote:Bonfire... Haven't done that for a while. Corona Del Mar is my favorite beach ;)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Well, you know me... I'm shy by nature, especially with purdy ladies :)

My face is sunburnt as well. Ears and Nose are peeling. Neck is sore from one of the falls -- I think I've twisted my left neck muscle. It still hurts. My tailbone also is still hurting from falling on my butt. Luckily, my head still seems to function after that hard hit on the back of my head on solid ice. Hmph.

We went down Summit Run most of the time. Record was 7 minutes down ;) We haven't gone on the other slopes yet as this was only our 2nd time snowboarding. On Thursday, my friend and I went down Family Fun or whatever it was called. It was a bit tough. We also went down that intermediate slope... man, I was intimidated by how steep it was! Plus, I was wayyyy too tired by then AND my left toe was actually bleeding because the boots just fit "too well."

Yup, I wore a greyish Scott USA sweater and black pants.

I'll be posting a few pics on here when I get the chance.

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Here you go :)

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

hey! this is my second time snowboarding too! the first time i went to mammoth. :) wow 7 min. eh? nice!

yea as soon as i get my pics developed i'll put them up. i used a disposable and i'm not even done with it yet...so it'll probably be a little while. :/

oh yea, i bruised my toe too... :P damn boots. did you guys rent the gear or you guys bought it? we rented outside of the resort like a block away.

wow pictures!! haha, i totally recognize the area ;) very nice...
Mikey_ wrote:Well, you know me... I'm shy by nature, especially with purdy ladies :)

My face is sunburnt as well. Ears and Nose are peeling. Neck is sore from one of the falls -- I think I've twisted my left neck muscle. It still hurts. My tailbone also is still hurting from falling on my butt. Luckily, my head still seems to function after that hard hit on the back of my head on solid ice. Hmph.

We went down Summit Run most of the time. Record was 7 minutes down ;) We haven't gone on the other slopes yet as this was only our 2nd time snowboarding. On Thursday, my friend and I went down Family Fun or whatever it was called. It was a bit tough. We also went down that intermediate slope... man, I was intimidated by how steep it was! Plus, I was wayyyy too tired by then AND my left toe was actually bleeding because the boots just fit "too well."

Yup, I wore a greyish Scott USA sweater and black pants.

I'll be posting a few pics on here when I get the chance.

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

We haven't gone to Mammoth yet as Snow Summit's made for beginners :)

Be sure to share your pics!

We rented from Blauer... not the one at Summit, but further West... We're planning to buy some though as we'll probably be going often. Not now though as none of us have got money (or a job)

Who did you go with anyway?
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

blauer, eh? hm...i don't remember the name of the place we rented from.

oh but yea i'll definately share....actually, i do have some from mammoth.
taken:11.20.03 by me ;)
------------------------------------------
this picture was taken on the second morning we stayed there. about 6am, i woke up and walk over everyone just to get this shot. it snowed that night, so i knew it was going to be a beautiful morning.
the cabin that is slightly in the center, was the cabin that we stayed in for 3days 3 nights.
i only went snowboarding for one day. the other days we stayed in and cooked and spend time with part of the group, while the other group went back onto the slopes. our last day there, we sought out a beautiful place to play in...hehe of course, i'm the photographer so i'm not in a lot of photos. oh yea...long is wearing red. the other two guys are my other close friends.
this is my good friend sumyra and i.
so many pictures, so little space...haha

anyhow, at snow summit, we had 15 ppl come with us and a few surprises when i got there. my former assistant manager was there...i'm like whoa! ok we were cool though.

we stayed at a friends house in mira loma on saturday night and in the morning we headed up to snow summit. at 6pm, we headed back down to our friends house to have dinner and a movie.

yea that's about it... :) good times...
Mikey_ wrote:We haven't gone to Mammoth yet as Snow Summit's made for beginners :)

Be sure to share your pics!

We rented from Blauer... not the one at Summit, but further West... We're planning to buy some though as we'll probably be going often. Not now though as none of us have got money (or a job)

Who did you go with anyway?
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

The pictures require a login... Feel free to e-mail them to me and I'll have them hosted on my website...
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

oh darn... hahaha...that's because i password protected the whole photo album...LOL* some ppl were stealing my photos and using them as blackmail :/

[EDIT: Pictures are now hosted on my website. - Michael]
Mikey_ wrote:The pictures require a login... Feel free to e-mail them to me and I'll have them hosted on my website...
Last edited by mb_rockstar on Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Snowed overnight? I assume that the day we saw each other was your last day? When I got there, there was hardly any snow left... that's why when I first saw the first picture, I asked myself, "Whoa! Where did she take THAT picture from?"

Anyway, my brother went snowboarding yesterday (yeah, when the fire broke out there, apparently) and broke his left arm in half, fractured both his right arm and his right wrist. He fell on ice. With both arms non-functional, he's in pretty big pain.

$4,800 hospital bill to boot... ouch.

Break a leg. No, wait. Can't say that any more...
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

LOL* thanks for hosting those pics. actually those pictures are from mammoth... :) back in november 20, 2003.

aww...hope you brother gets better soon. yea my friend broke her arm recently too...sigh*...

Mikey_ wrote:Snowed overnight? I assume that the day we saw each other was your last day? When I got there, there was hardly any snow left... that's why when I first saw the first picture, I asked myself, "Whoa! Where did she take THAT picture from?"

Anyway, my brother went snowboarding yesterday (yeah, when the fire broke out there, apparently) and broke his left arm in half, fractured both his right arm and his right wrist. He fell on ice. With both arms non-functional, he's in pretty big pain.

$4,800 hospital bill to boot... ouch.

Break a leg. No, wait. Can't say that any more...