The Grudge (Sarah Michelle Gellar)

Romance, Comedy, Action, ... Satisfy your craving for movies here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

The Grudge (Sarah Michelle Gellar)

Post by Mikey_ »

That movie is a re-make of the Japanese Ju-On: The Grudge.
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

yeah i just saw that.........the director is the same as the japanese one tho...

mike, do u konw what the japanese movie was about? oh wait, was it about the kid with heavy make-up?

if that's the one then i tho that movies sucked, i had more laughters than scares....
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Yeah, the kid that screams like a cat (just like in the U.S. trailer) ... where the ghost crawls down the stairs...

It has its scary moments, but it wasn't one of my favorite movies.

Michael
Contrai
Fan
Fan

Post by Contrai »

s.m. gellar is scary for me enough
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Contrai wrote:s.m. gellar is scary for me enough
Hahah.. good one :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

oh i watched ju-on!

the first time was scary...after watching it over and over and over again with new people...it started getting creepy!! and i couldn't watch scary movies for 4 months because i kept having nightmares.

i'm not easily scared, but after that whole incident, man...it's hard for my to watch those kind of movies.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

are you serious?? i can't get that kids face out of my mind...

TOSHIO!!! watch out! he might be under your covers!!!

you know what scared me the most about that movie was that this ghost would follow you anywhere you went. you think scary ghost movies with ghost only haunting that one area. MAN!! they follow you into a public bathroom, to your school, to the hospital, to another house....omg....i'm getting freaked out again.... :P

they play on your comfort zones. places you think that these things won't show up...are there! like when that girl hid under her blanket and all of a sudden something tugged at her legs and then sucked her in!!! dang... or when she was in the shower and a hand went up her back!

ok no more....think good thoughts now....
Eddy wrote:
if that's the one then i tho that movies sucked, i had more laughters than scares....
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

What incident?
like when that girl hid under her blanket and all of a sudden something tugged at her legs and then sucked her in!!! dang... or when she was in the shower and a hand went up her back!
Are you sure that wasn't your buddy?[/quote]
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

you don't remember that part? was it the movie or the episodes that you saw? i watched both...but i don't remember if that scene was from the movie or the episode.....i watched that move sometime last year.

and never again will i watch it....

>What incident?

it's a long story...but i'll try to make it short.

for one whole month, i was restless at night. i kept thinking something was with me in the same room. one night, i finally shut my eyes and a few minutes later i heard a voice right next to my ear. i got so scared i woke up and turned all the lights on in my room. i sat up that night thinking about what the voice said.

since i knew i wasn't going to get any sleep that night i drove to buddy's house at 5am and woke him up. i told him about my dream and you know the weirdest thing happened to him too around the same time. he said he was walking to the bathroom and heard someone call his name. he ran back into his room and sat in front of his computer for awhile. and then when he tried to lay down and get some sleep, he had a vision of someone crouched on the floor at the foot of his bed....and then that's when i walked in....

i didn't sleep for about alittle over 48 hours after that. even when i knew other people were around me, i didn't feel safe. i almost went to see a doctor because for the next few months i would have insomnia off and on. my whole sleeping pattern was wack. even after taking unisom, which didn't really help....to this day, i still have a hard time sleeping. i'm not scared anymore, just that when i have too much stuff on my mind....my body refuses to rest.

oops yea....see long story. it would be longer than this but i was actually trying to make it short. there were other incidence, but i'll share that with you another time.

[EDIT: oh i told you about this story once. i sent you an e-mail sometime in december of last year. haha* i know this because i was going through all of my sent messages....you said it was about 2am already and you didn't want to have that vision in your mind or something like that LOL*]
Mikey_ wrote:What incident?
like when that girl hid under her blanket and all of a sudden something tugged at her legs and then sucked her in!!! dang... or when she was in the shower and a hand went up her back!
Are you sure that wasn't your buddy?
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Oh yeah hehehehe... :)

Well, I have some ghost storries to share too ;) In fact, Kim's family sees ghosts all the time.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

wah?? oh i'm curious now! let's share stories sometime. ;)
Mikey_ wrote:Oh yeah hehehehe... :)

Well, I have some ghost storries to share too ;) In fact, Kim's family sees ghosts all the time.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Preferrably in the car in the middle of a parking lot when it's all dark :) My friend Bich in college and I did that before and we exchanged ghost stories. He and I were pretty shook up when a police officer knocked at the window hehehe...

Mike
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

oooh i'm getting chills just thinking about it!! hehe but yea, that would be fun, i like sharing my stories and listening to other peoples.

i remember one time, a few of my guy friends and i were sharing some ghost stories in this new apartment and we were so scared everyone slept on the floor in the living room! it was hilarious!!!
Mikey_ wrote:Preferrably in the car in the middle of a parking lot when it's all dark :) My friend Bich in college and I did that before and we exchanged ghost stories. He and I were pretty shook up when a police officer knocked at the window hehehe...

Mike
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Heh. Well, some of the stories I have actually happened to a few of my friends.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

oh, all of my stories are based on personal, family, and friends experiences. that's what makes it so creepy!

one time, i'd be sharing a story with someone and coincidently that event happened to them awhile back. actually, quite a few of my stories are like that. a few of my friends have experience the same things. it's creepy when they continue my story and i'm like whoaaa YOU TOO! hahaha*
Mikey_ wrote:Heh. Well, some of the stories I have actually happened to a few of my friends.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

I finally got around to go see this movie a few weeks ago, too. I enjoyed it. I like horror flicks. This was not one of my favorite horror movies but it was pretty good. I am a Sarah Michelle Gellar fan and so I suppose that is what made the movie more likable for me. Some parts were pretty creepy like when the japanese student nurse, (I can't remember her name but she is the one who gets killed at the beginning of the movie), approaches her boss in the hallway and she kills him, too. That part had me covering my eyes.

You guys make me laugh. There is no such thing as ghosts!

Have a great day!

Lexi
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I just skipped through the movie and found that it's nearly exactly the same as the original, Japanese version. One of my friends said it wasn't worth watching (as I didn't really enjoy the Japanese version either) and so I probably won't.

I do have to admit: when I skipped through the Japanese original of The Ring ("Ringu"), I wasn't impressed either. But I did enjoy the English version and look forward to The Ring 2 that's coming out soon.

I also enjoy watching scary movies, but not alone in the dark in the late evening :) I have braved through a couple scary ones in solitude before, but it's not something I particularly encourage myself to do :) Ghosts freak me out, especially since my ex and her family have had lots of encounters in the past and present. A few of my friends have had encounters too, including my own mom.

I neither deny nor accept that there are ghosts out there. I just choose to ignore it as ignorance can be bliss at times. This is one of those situations :)

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

i love scary movies, but never again will i watch them alone. it's just way too freaky....my mind plays too much tricks on me.

i enjoyed this movie, both japanese and english version. more so the english because i actually understand what they are saying. can't wait til part 2 comes out. i've seen pt. 2 in japanese version and to me it's even freakier than the first part.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi MB,

You are so right. I could never watch a horror flick, no matter how dumb or fake the movie may be. It gives me the creeps. Kind of wierd that I would feel the creeps during a scary movie since I don't believe in ghosts. I think I just freak out at the sight of gushing blood and stuff like that.

Certain people in my family believe in ghosts and spirits. I respect their beliefs. Personnaly, I've just never been sold on the idea of anything creepy or supernatural in our world. That's just me, though.

Go see Saw if you have time. I watched that a few weeks ago with a friend and it was kind of cool.

Take care,

Lexi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Hi Lexi,

for me, seeing blood is ok. just that thought of paranormal activity creeps me out. i believe in ghosts...sometimes. when i don't want to be scared, i'll convince myself that ghost do not exist. deep down inside, i do.

i'll check out that movie "Saw" and let you know when i do.

^_^