A real passion for music...

Have a passion for music? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

You're teaching?
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi! good morning!

I am not the "real" teacher. I am the student teacher/teachers asst. It's been such a blast! I can not tell you how much fun its been. My teacher lets me do whatever I want and lets me steer th class on my own. I totally dig the students, Mike. I have not had so much fun in ages!! I don't know, maybe when I am done with my schooling I will be become a university professor. :-D

Almost over though. I am so glad. If I decide to do this again I won't do it in the summer, I'll do it in the regular semester. I have 142 students and I spent all weekend grading assignments. :( I have two more exams to give and than we will be done. I am having a blast. :-D
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

thanks lexi ^_^

yes, i was shy at the beginning, but i thought to myself...you know, some of these people are my friends and most of them i don't know. my friends have always cheered me on everytime we sing at kareoke and for the people i don't know, 'screw it,' if they don't like it, oh well. hehe*

i've done talent shows back in junior high and i've sung for my high school graduation. apart of me has always had passion to perform. it's fun.

ooh, i like coldplay. :D gotta check out their new album sometime. haven't had time to.

teaching, eh? for quite sometime i wanted to teach as well. hmm... once i get this bank job, i wouldn't mind being a trainer on the side. :) we'll see.

hope you have a wonderful day too! ^_^ i'm definitely going to have a good day. i'm planning to go out and finally take some pictures of my own. hehe* can't let mike and eddy have all the fun now. :D

Lexi wrote:Wow! So you can sing and play an instrument? I am so impressed. I am way too shy to get up to sing in front of people.

I am sure you sang beautifully, though. :)

Your song sounds interesting. I love hearing new music. In fact, I have been listening to the new Coldplay all weekend. There are a coupe of good songs on thenew Mr. and Ms. Smith soundtrack, too. I am teaching a class at the local college and I let the students choose a song from that soundtrack for an assignment. They are having fun with it.

Have a wonderful day!! :-D
Lexi
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi MB,

Coldplay is pretty cool. I really like their latest album. I really like track #5, I think it's called "Talk". A couple of thinks I like about this song. I really like the words to the song.The lyrics just kind of strike a chord with me. I love the acoustic sounding instumental music at the very beginning of the song, too. I'm not that crazy about things that I have read about Chris Martin, the lead singer, in various media outlets. I just like the guy's voice. He has a soft sounding voice that attracts me to his music. I also really like his wife, Gwenyth Paltrow. Never have been and never will be the star struck autograph chasing type but for some inexiplicable reason I have always felt as if I understood Ms. Paltrow. From what I have seen of her in interviews and the such, I seem to share some things in common with her.

I love music, MB. If I had unlimited funds, I would spend soooo much money on music and concerts.

Music has just always been my thing. It's what initially attracted me to this website. I really enjoy foreign music. Lately, I have not been that into chinese tunes. I've been listening to my "Alturas" CD. If you have not heard them, I urge you to run out and buy their album. It's fantastic. It's festive, relaxing and mostly instrumental music. I love it! It relaxes me and listening to it just kind of puts me in a good mood.

My friend called me last night to tell me that she got us tickets to see Foo Fighters in December. I can't wait!!! I love the Foo Figheters!

Anyway, I better go. I have to prepare for tomorrow's bidder's conference.

Ciao~
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

hi Lexi ^_^

i just finished leaving you a message on your voice mail.

yep, i love music too! don't know what i'd do without it. i haven't had a chance to check out cold play yet, but as soon as i do, i'll let you know what i think of it.

Alturas? hmm...never heard of it. i'll look into it.

aww...foo fighters! i like some of their music. :) have fun!!!

well, hope you have a great weekend. ttyl*

mb
Last edited by mb_rockstar on Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi mb,

Your phone call was a welcome surprise. I'm sorry that I could not call you back immediately. I've been busy moving teenagers into their dorms all day. I am soooOOoo tired. And did I mention that teenagers get on my nerves? J/K! They are great people, even if they are a little melodramtic...

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your vegan dinner!

Take care,

lexi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

^_^ hi hi,

it was really nice hearing from you tonight. i'm sorry i couldn't talk longer. my friend introduced me to a vegan resturant today. surprisingly, the food was really good! very tastey and fullfilling. :) if i ever decide to become vegan, i'll already know that it's not as bad as some people may think.

anyhow, i'm looking forward to meeting you when you get back. :)

ttyl*

mb
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I probably would die in a Vegan restaurant :P I'm a meat eater.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

mikey, just ask michi how it was. he seemed skeptical at first, but the burger he order was very GOOD! almost tasted better than meat. ^_^
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Ha! Mikey, I hear ya. I lean more towards seafood, myself, but to me, a life without meat is not a life worth living. I could never go vegan. :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I conjured 3 different shrimp dishes tonight from scratch (experimenting) -- the 1st and 3rd came out REALLY good. The 2nd one was good too, but it was an acquired taste thing. All the attendees agreed :P