Music: FISH (JASMINE) LEONG's "The Power of Love Songs&

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: FISH (JASMINE) LEONG's "The Power of Love Songs&

Post by Mavis »

First of all, sorry for "falling behind". Everything's been just so busy that I haven't had time to write any reviews. I'll try to catch up within this week since I'm off.

Wanna see another difference between HK and Taiwan music industries? while most HK record companies would release new song + compilations just before the singers' contract ends (or after they have left), this album was released after Fish extended her contract with Rock Records.

Fish is noe of the few best-selling artist left with Rock. The new songs in this album (Track 1 - 4 in CD 1, and track 1 in CD 2) are un-remarkable to say the least. "Fly Away" (Track 1 CD 1) is the best new song, while "Don't wanna sleep". The compilation part is a lot more attractive. Basically you'll get all the hit songs from Fish over her 4 year career....from "Growing up overnight" (Track 5 CD 1) to her early big hit "Courage" (Track 6 CD 1), to more recent hits like "For my good" (track 10 CD 1) and "Third person" (Track 10 CD 2).

If you like Fish but haven't bought any of her albums before, this is a great start. The cover is somewhat of a surprise too, but it looks beautiful.

Rating: 8/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 1 CD 1 "Fly Away"
All other old songs.
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

I liked this album a lot too :)