A real passion for music...

Have a passion for music? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

A real passion for music...

Post by mb_rockstar »

Music is a real big part of my life. I love to sing and play on my guitar. Music makes me happy and forget about all my troubles.

What kind of music do you like?
What is your favorite band/artisit?

Michelle Branch is first on my list. I've made it a point to learn how to play and sing all of her songs. :D
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

I've always wanted to learn how to play a piano or a guitar. I absolutely loved playing my own music. Unfortunately, it seems that fate took me on a different path. Namely, an idiotic, old, Chinkie fart. Smelling good! haha..

Umm... no. But yes, I have always wanted to learn.

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
http://www.hkss.com
Free Entertainment since 1996.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

:lol: LOL* sigh*....it's never too late to learn how to play an instrument. once you start, you don't wanna stop. it's fun...oh yea and relaxing too.
Mikey_ wrote:I've always wanted to learn how to play a piano or a guitar. I absolutely loved playing my own music. Unfortunately, it seems that fate took me on a different path. Namely, an idiotic, old, Chinkie fart. Smelling good! haha..

Umm... no. But yes, I have always wanted to learn.

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

No kidding! Music can be very relaxing.
Founder, Webmaster
http://www.hkss.com
Free Entertainment since 1996.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

yay! i am finally able to play one of michelle branch's song off her new CD "hotel paper."

if anyone is interested in learning how to play the guitar and need some tips, just message me or reply to this thread. :D
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

How about recording you play and e-mail it to me? :) I can then post your sample on here for everyone else to hear...

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

:shock: um...hehe.....ok.

when i get a chance to record myself, i'll send it to you. :)

Mikey_ wrote:How about recording you play and e-mail it to me? :) I can then post your sample on here for everyone else to hear...

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I look forward to it :)

Michael
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

We ALL look forward to it kekekekeke. :)
^_____________^.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: A real passion for music...

Post by Lexi »

I like Michelle Branch, too. She is not my favorite artist but she is pretty good. A friend just burned me the new Gwen Stefani album. I thought it was pretty good.

I think it is great that you play an instrument. I wish I had musical talents. Music can be very relaxing and therapeutic. Keep learning!

Lexi

ar"]Music is a real big part of my life. I love to sing and play on my guitar. Music makes me happy and forget about all my troubles.

What kind of music do you like?
What is your favorite band/artisit?

Michelle Branch is first on my list. I've made it a point to learn how to play and sing all of her songs. :D[/quote]
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Sarah Brightman ;)
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Is she among your favorites? I like her, too. I fisrt noticed her on a trip to Las Vegas with my boyfriend. We were standing outside the Bellagio, watching their water show, when a song by Andrea Bocellli (Not sure if I spelled his name correctly?) came on. He sings an absolutely beautiful duet with Sarah Brightman. I think she also sings a song on the Anastasia soundtrack that I really like. She's great! But again not one of my favorite artist. I lean towards the rock/punk/grunge sound. I absolutely love music though and I will listen to anything and enjoy it.

Cheers!

Lexi

Mikey_ wrote:Sarah Brightman ;)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

There are songs of her that I like (The War Is Over is my favorite.)

Bellagio... hmm... miss Las Vegas actually. Am not a gambler and used to love eating their buffets (until my health-conscious side kicked in.)
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Yikes! Are you a health food nut?

Wow! You would hate eating with me. I eat anything and everything. I just do it in moderation. I am not into denying myself anything that I want to eat. I just make sure not to overeat.

I am not a gambler, either. The buffets in Las Vegas are pretty good. Not my favorite reason for going there. I love the bright lights, music, and excitement of Las Vegas. I love the M&M Store on the strip. I also enjoy catching a show.

I have not been to Las vegas in a while. I may consider taking a short weekend trip there soon.

Goodnight!

Lexi

Mikey_ wrote:There are songs of her that I like (The War Is Over is my favorite.)

Bellagio... hmm... miss Las Vegas actually. Am not a gambler and used to love eating their buffets (until my health-conscious side kicked in.)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Health food nut? Heck no! I love to eat (particularly meat) and used to overeat all the time. I'm trying to be more health-conscious now.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

wow...a lot has changed in 2 years. it's been awhile since a last picked up my guitar. :\ so sad...it's collecting dust. also, i've noticed that the base is cracking...which means the strings are coming loose...hmm...which means! i'm gonna start saving up for a better guitar (in the future, hopefully near). meanwhile, i'll ask mike if i can practice on his. tee hee hee ^_^
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Over my dead body!
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Mike: hehe, that probably can be arranged. J/K :)

MB: I think it's great that you play the guitar. One would think that I would know how to play an instrument, I am so into music, but no, I've never found the opportunity to learn how to play. This is a great talent though and I think it is neat that you play the guitar. Take care. :-D
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

yes...that can be arranged....muahaha* :lol:
Mikey_ wrote:Over my dead body!

lexi, it's never too late to pick up an instrument. it just takes time and patience. ^_^ music will always be apart of my life.

last night, there was an open mic at starbucks in long beach (cherry and willow). wasn't expecting to sing today, but my friend dragged me out there. sigh* it went well. i was the only person who sung a foreign song...and the only girl. :)

i sung this one song in thai called, 'mai tong huang chan,' by LOSO it means, don't worry about me. the song is about a guy telling this girl that he wasn't right for her. that she deserved so much better. hmm..something like that. i don't have the complete translation. hehe*

^_^
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Wow! So you can sing and play an instrument? I am so impressed. I am way too shy to get up to sing in front of people.

I am sure you sang beautifully, though. :)

Your song sounds interesting. I love hearing new music. In fact, I have been listening to the new Coldplay all weekend. There are a coupe of good songs on thenew Mr. and Ms. Smith soundtrack, too. I am teaching a class at the local college and I let the students choose a song from that soundtrack for an assignment. They are having fun with it.

Have a wonderful day!! :-D

Lexi