First professional shoot.

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

First professional shoot.

Post by Eddy »

It really wasn't my first professional shoot, because i didn't do the shooting, but it was my first time assisting on a full day professional set, i felt like i was on shoot for American's next top model. here are two test shots. The theme was funny/stressful office work etc.......

i couldn't believe how much pre shoot preperation goes into just one shoot, the shoot lasted 14 hours, we had like 15ppl on set, art directors, 4 models, 2 assistance, stylist, makeup artist etc........ panera bread is so tasty (we had for breakfast and lunch)

funny that all models were european and i was so surprised that EVERYONE was super nice.
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Wow, sounds like you had the experience of a lifetime! 14 hours eh? Whoa!
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

omg, the photographer that i have been assisting is doing a 3 day shoot for Getty Images, and he is bring me to Getty Images on wednesday to go over their shoot next week, we will scout locations and talk over the game plan.....He is showing me the whole pre-production procedure, which is something i seriously doubt i will be getting from any photography classes.....i am so excitied!...........i can't believe how cool this will be, and next week i will assisting a 3 day shoot (one indoor studio/one location/one rented lounge) for getty images, i don't know if you guys konw about getty images, but getty images is like a dream for me, BUT according to the photographer, he told me that since getty has been getting so big, their rep of treating photographers has been the WORST by FAR. I guess i'll find out on wednesday when meet their art director.........................woow................
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Eddy, you freak! I'm so jealous now hahaha...

Yup, I know about Getty. Good luck, have fun, and learn lots!
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Hey Eddy :) So, how did it go?
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

hello mike,

first of all, i thought i was in the wront place when i first saw this preview, it looks great! can't believe how much work u had to put in this site. unbelievable dedication.

so anyways, the meeting was incredible experience, first let me explain that this is going to a dog shoot with family members at one day of the three day shoot.

so we met up at this DOG PARK (in nyc, there are places in the park designed for loose dogs to run around) to see if we can use this park for a photo shoot. We had to stay there for a bit to take notes of the sunlight and angles etc......

then we headed to this fashion photogrpahy studio for dog portrait day shoot, the place was HUGE about 5000 square feet or more. I saw other professional photographers shooting products (they had a product room), althought i must admit, some photographs are just rude.

afterwards we went to this studio designed for HOME, here is a link http://www.homestudiosinc.com/
the actualy studio look much nicer than their homepage gallery. I overheard that getty image is paying $2500 for rent for the one day. I have to admit that the home studio was just amazing.......now i konw not to fantasize when i see those great home ads on the street and in the subways because they aren't REAL !!!!

so anyways in the home studio, we (me, photographer, art director, stylist) sat down and discussed the game plan for the shoots, we looked over Corbis.com's images that the art director had bought to show us. I thought it was funny that they bought images from other stock photo companies such as corbis because i always thought corbis or any other stock photography agencies would look up to them.

so afterward we went to a viet and a dog DAYCARE center for the third and last day of our shoot, the viet was alright, had that errie feeling, kinda scary if u ask me. The dog daycare was just amazing, i never knew sucha place existed! they had like 300 dogs running around, getting their hairs DONE, manicure and pendicured, and alot of things that dogs shouldn't be getting !

and then we went to lunch and during lunch we discussed more about the selection of dogs and the timetable for everything, we selected models as well, they are shooting a family with dog,kid,parents etc....

so anyways....in mid of lunch, i had to leave for a highschool rugby event that i was had to shoot (it was last minute)

the experience was incredible for me, i can not believe how NICE the getty images art director was, we actually went to the same high school as well. The stylist was alright, kinda arrogant. The art director was just super nice, she was so understanding and made me felt extremely comfortable.

we also stop by a pet shop that looked like it was owned by paris hilton with all those cute doggies craps.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Hey Eddy,

Thank you for the kind words. There still is a lot of work to be done... we'll see how things will progress.

Wow, sounds like you had an AMAZING experience, varying from dog shoots, to homes, to photo tips, and so on.

Hope you've learned a lot from it all and that you're heading the right way. Make as many contacts as you can -- it's always good to know the right people :)

Michael