Photos: San Francisco (Feb 2006)

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Photos: San Francisco (Feb 2006)

Post by Mikey_ »

The following picture was taken by me to learn to take better photos. It may NOT be reproduced anywhere without my express, written permission. Please contact me if you'd like to use it for publication. Thank you.

Taken Feb 18-20, 2006
Camera used: Canon EOS 20D w/ 17-40mm f/4L

I still haven't had the chance to work on the new pictures yet, but here's a preview:

It was FREAKIN' cold there, but like soldiers, the endurance and persistence paid off :)

Michael
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

wow i'm speechless.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Golden Gate in San Francisco

Post by mb_rockstar »

Here's mine:

I'm not competing against you Mikey :P Just wanted to show my favorite shot too.

^_^
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

Both are great ! i see pictures from the both of you guys from the same locations all the time, do you guys go on planned photoshoots?

oh yeah, you guys use photoshop for your images much ?

Night photography definitely has the best light...it really does make a area look surreal.......

You konw, after looking at the two photos for a bit, i realize that if you had shown me these two photos seperately, i would've thought they were at different locations.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Competition? hahaha... Nah. It's all about having fun. I like the angle of your shot, Mel.

Eddy, yes, we do go on planned photo shoots from time to time. Some people join us too once in a while, but we can't post their photos. Most of the people who go with us also don't have cameras capable of taking night shots...

I used to use Photoshop, but nowadays I don't really do much editing any more unless the picture really needs it (ie. too dark or colors are too hazy.)

They WERE shot from the north (mine) and south (Mel) sides of the bridge ;)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Thank Eddie ^_^

Like Mike said, I only use photoshop when I have too. This picture I took of the Golden Gate was only resized (of course) and the name 'San Francisco' was added, nothing more.

Most of my night shots didn't come out as well, so I just had to post this one because it was my treasure of the night. hehe* :)
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."