Canon 30D amazon Deal !

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Canon 30D amazon Deal !

Post by Eddy »

As you guys know, Canon just presented the new Canon 30D at the PMA (i think it's in Cali, another reason why i wanna pack up and movie out west) so anyways, i was on http://www.fredmiranda.com and saw this forum for an amazon deal with the canon 30D and the new EF-s 17-55 lens F2.8 for a total of 1499.00 which is the wrong pricing because the new len along is worth 1000. so anyways, i got my confirmation and everything and i think amazon has since taken down the link.

so i am wondering if you guys know any regulations regarding the mispricing policy at amazon?

ORDER DETAILS

Shipping Details (order will arrive in 1 shipment)
Order number: 102-3360226-527XXXXX
View your Order Summary online:
Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as
possible

Subtotal of Items: $1,499.99
Shipping & Handling: $6.76
Super Saver Discount: -$6.76
---------
Total for this Order: $1,499.99

Shipping To

Yun Gen Yang
Little Neck, New York 11362
United States

Shipping estimate for these items: May 19, 2006

Delivery estimate: May 23, 2006 - May 24, 2006

1 "Canon EOS 30D 8.2MP Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS Lens"
Electronics; $1,499.99
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Amazon has the right to cancel due to typo errors... I've had a price mistake cancelled on me before (Canon 20D for $500, I think.)

Aren't Canon's professional lenses the EF-L ones? It seems that the 17-55/2.8 would be a professional one, but yet only is an EF-S?

The new lens is making me itch to sell my 17-40mm/4L
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

wow mike, you have the 17-40L, that's awesome lens according to most.

i don't the budget for any L lense yet.

Yes your are correct, the 17-55 is EF-S not L, and yes it's extremely overpriced because .....they can... Some people say that due to the costruction of EF-S lense, its not possible to have it L but will produce L like quality. I don't know how much truth is in that statement.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Some sites are stating that the new 17-55 is so good, it is better than some of Canon's L-series lenses... $1,200 though!

I'm thinking of selling my 20D and getting a 30D. Maybe I'll sell the 17-40 and get the 17-55... I have been looking for a lens with this zoom range, but none were offered beside the f/3.5-5.6 that comes with the stock. Now that the 17-55 has a f/2.8... Tempting. It seems like a "perfect" lens for everyday use.

Total cost of all of this? $2,500? yikes! This alone is making me back off because I haven't been able to get income for my photographs yet.

Know of anyone who may be interested in using some of my pictures for anything? (ie. postcards)

Michael
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

I use the Sigma 18-50 F2.8 for overall use.

I use alot of sigma lense.

I don;t anyone, but my friends goes to street fairs or something like that.... and sell good amount of postcards and regular prints.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I've heard lots about Sigma lenses, but for some reason most people seem to always go back to Canon (even though it's way more expensive.) Resale value, I suppose...

Street fairs is a good idea... :)