Fitness Tips & Motivations

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

size 5 is definitely average. i unfortunately have a big chest area as well, but i know once i lose the weight, i will be back down to my original size again which was 32b or 34b. i'm currently a 34c. the biggest i've ever been was a 40c (yikes!). that was sometime late december last year.

as long as you're eating right and now going over board, you should be ok. i'm thinking about taking up tennis again and maybe some self-defense course.

:D
Last edited by mb_rockstar on Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Cool. Sounds like we are about the same shirt. Now we can share clothes.

You are right though. When you lose more weight you will probably have a smaller frame and breast size.

Funny that you mention self-defense. I was working out with a coworker who is the army reserve and she teaches a self defense class. She wanted me to join. The only thing is that the class that she teaches is a combination self defense and weaponry class. By that I mean, she teaches people how to shoot a gun.

MB. MB, seriously, there is no way I could ever pick up a gun. Guns scare me to death! I would have nervous breakdown. But this coworker of mine is real savvy on gun ettiquite and is a licensed instructor with the NRA and of course the army. I might take her up on her office to teach me self-defense. She's just so excited about the gun thing that I feel bad about letting her down by telling her that I am not interested in that part. Know what I mean? So I don't know. For now, I suppose that I am getting adaquate exercise. I didn't have a car my first couple of days in Sacramento and I walked to work each morning.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

lol* ^_^ you know lexi, we should go have lunch sometime. i think it would be fun to talk to you.

yea, self-defense or dance class. i think self-defense would help me out more. ooh gun, huh? i actually thought about going to play paint ball, but now that i think about it....i don't feel like getting shot at. you're right, guns are scary.

oh my..it's late...i have a long day when i wake up. better get some sleep. i have training from 8am-11am and then my actual shift starts from 1-7:30pm. sigh* then! on monday, i have an interview at 8am at some credit union and then i have to be in at work from 1-9:30pm. ack!! i might have to hold off on working out til wednesday.

g'nite lexi ^_^
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

This must be the first time all 3 of us are online at the same time :P

I'll be heading over to bed soon too. It's quite unusual that I'm becoming sleepy around midnight, but that's how it has been the past two weeks. Goodie!

Michael
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Good luck on your interview!

Yes, hopefully we can do lunch sometime soon.

I should go to bed soon, too. Lot's to do tomorrow. I'm actually working on work stuff now. A friend dragged me out of bed at 11:00 P.M. last night to go to some, Harry Potter book release, I ended up taking a long nap after lunch today and now my sleep pattern is disrupted.

Good night!
violetvv
Curious Member
Curious Member

Post by violetvv »

All my friends would say to you MB: you should be lucky you have boobs! I never seem what the big deal is with having big boobs. All the girls I know wants bigger ones. I've lost some weight and haven't much in the chest area. It's very hard for me to find a size 32 bras.

Anyways, Working out is great! It's a wonderful way to relieve stress, improve your health, and tone up those muscles. Once I start working out I get addicted though. I use to go to the gym 3-4 hours a day when I was in school (quang said I had a problem and needed intervention =p). (I felt awful if I miss a day. All that working really helped my metabolism. I really ate a lot and still be hungry.

Now, Work has kept me so busy It's just been one hour a day.I've started working out again in March. It took me a loooong time to loose ten pounds. I wanted to give up but I stuck to it, and it finally happen.

I can't wait classes begin, so I don't haveta sit on my fat booty at work.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Violet, you look pretty good though. So, your hard work is paying off :)

Big boobs? I'm not much for big boobs really. I prefer just a handful or smaller -- but that's because I'm relating that to the body type I prefer. In other words, I believe that it must look proportional to the person's body type, and as such, preferences could change.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

(at work posting) :P

Post by mb_rockstar »

haha* yea, a lot of people say the same thing violet. honestly, i'm not too fond of them. i can never wear cute blouses. they just...kinda overflow. LOL*

i was just thinking today....last year from today, i was 20lbs heavier. it took me a whole year to lose 20lbs. this month, however, i've already lost 5 pounds. the month hasn't even ended yet. that's insane! at this rate, i'll be at my ideal size before the year ends. whoa! ((keeping fingers crossed))

if it wasn't for a friend, i wouldn't have gotten this far. he got my motivation started and now i'm strong enough to keep on going. some people need new things to keep them motivated all the time. that's great and all, but it really should come from within. if you really want to accomplish something, you should be strong enough to hold on to that on your own.

my feelings and motivation hasn't change since i first got started and i'm going to continue on like this until i reach my goal. ^_^

i'm all about self-improvement this year.
violetvv
Curious Member
Curious Member

Post by violetvv »

It's great that you'll reach your goal this year MB! Kuddos to ya! It's so satiisfying to oneself that your are accomplishing what you set out to achieve. I remember when I was in college and 20 lbs heavier. I never realize I gain so much weight until I couldn't fit into most of my clothes. I would just rotate and wear the same stuff every week. I gotten as heavy as 128. That's a lot consider I weight 102 when I begin college.
I'm not much for going to gym with people though. I like going bymyself with my MP3 player.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

thanks violet :D

yep, i agree... when i first started college, i was a size 4. towards my second year, i noticed my clothes weren't fitting right also. i guess we were just more active in high school or maybe we were too focused on studying.

for awhile, i use to go to the gym by myself. i still do, but it's nice to go with friends. they've really pushed me to the limit. ^_^ when i do go on my own, i like to do a lot of cardio. gotta burn off all that fat! haha* and with my friends, i work on toning. :)

hmm....i think size 4 might be reachable for me. we'll see. at first, i didn't think i would look good that small, but who knows.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Go, MB, go!
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

;)
violetvv
Curious Member
Curious Member

Post by violetvv »

I think size 4 is great MB. As long as you?re building muscles in the right places, you won?t look too bony.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

aww...thanks for the encouragement violet. ^_^ just taking baby steps right now. once i reach size 6, then i'll think about 4 ;)

workout this morning made me feel so good, but man...am i sore for last time. :P
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

update

Post by mb_rockstar »

i just wieghed myself this morning and realized that i have lost 12 pounds since i came back from the D.C. trip. that was only a month ago. at this rate, i'll definitely hit my ideal weight before the year ends.

as soon as i get settled into my new job, i'm planning to do some hiking and kayaking on my days off. maybe even snowboarding this winter.....maybe. this would be a good addition to my workout routine at the gym. anyone interested in joining me? :)
http://www.newportaquaticcenter.com

i'm learning to live life how it's suppose to be. it's not good to be stuck indoors all the time. i mean, it's nice to have those lazy days where you just do absolutely nothing and lounge around all day. haha* i've been doing that since saturday and probably going to continue up to tomorrow. the only reason why i'm doing this is because i'll be starting a new job this wednesday and i just feel like being a bit lazy. after tuesday, i'm going to be hauling my butt for the next 3 months in hopes of that promotion they proposed to me.

i was looking at this calendar at work the other day. it had all inspirational quotes and each of them made me feel so much better about myself. i'm planning on picking up a few today, for myself and for a couple of friends that might need a little encouragement in their lives. ^_^

anything is possible as long as you have the will and dedication to do it.

anyhow, i'm off to run some errands. :D ciao bellas
Last edited by mb_rockstar on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I feel like I didn't accomplish anything last weekend. So much for vegging out to relax hehehe.

Those inspirational quotes -- I'd be interested in having those added to the new HKSS site.

Again, good luck on your new job. I'm glad you've finally realized that Retail isn't the way to go.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

don't worry about it. as long as you don't lose yourself in vegging out, you'll be fine. let's get back on track and make up for lost times. we gotta work our butts off next week, but have fun at the same time or else we'll lose motivation. kayaking and hiking will definitely be something to look forward to this coming month.

I was planning to share with you those quotes as soon as i get them. :)

thanks mike, i really appreciate all you've done to help me get this job and made me realize that retail was a dead end job. ^_^
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Shape Up in Seconds

Post by mb_rockstar »

Here's an article I read in Woman's Health magazine:

Super-fast fitness come-ons may sound more like informercialspeak than science, but a study from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, recently showed that short bursts of sprint-training excercise can be as effective as longer workouts. When 8 women in their 20's followed a 2-week-long sprint interval training program of four to seven sets of cycling for 30 seconds at maximum effort, followed by 4 minutes of rest, three times a week, their endurance capacity doubled compared to those in a control group who excercised regularly.

These short bursts of excercise are as effective as an hour of daily moderate activity, says study author Martin Gibala, Ph.D. He says he isn't sure why, but notes that muscle biopsies in the sprint group found increases in a muscle's ability to use oxygen. We say run with it -- literally. Interval training is ideal for busy people, such as business travelers, who often have a hard time squeezing workouts into jammed on-the-road schedules.

hmm...good to know, huh? i'm going to start doing this today. ^_^ we'll see if there is much improvement in the next couple of weeks. i'll update you guys later.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Good article. Thanks for posting this, MB. I enjoy running every once in a while. Being outdoors is always a good thing. Ciao! :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

It's been almost a year since I last updated my progress.

So, for the past 4 months I've kinda been lagging on going to the gym and haven't been watching what I eat everyday. Recently, I got a wake up call when I noticed my clothes started to fit funny. I stood in front of the mirror just analyzing each part of my body. Big wake up call. :P

I've gotten back in to my regular routine of going to the gym 3-4 times a week at night and consistently watching what I eat every single day. Within a week, I dropped 5 pounds (mostly water weight). In 2 weeks, I lost 2 pounds. So, I'm getting back in to the groove of things again. :)

My motivation :) High School (1995)