any ladies up in here?

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

violetvv
Curious Member
Curious Member

Hobbies

Post by violetvv »

I like shopping.. esp. for shoes=)
I like going running / jopgging once i get myself into the mode.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi MB,

So you finally tried MAC? I am not a make-up guru but I swear by MAC's make-up remover. It takes off everything and doesn't leave me feeling greasy. I'll have to try their wipes. Thanks for the tip!

I don't wear much make-up to take off in the first place.

I wear Lancome definicils mascara. It's really hard to take that stuff off. That's how I discovered MAC make-up remover and feel in love with it. It takes my mascara off really easily. I occassionally use the studio fix (C3). Most days I go au natural with the cover up and powder stuff. Every once in a while, I get hideous bags under my eyes (lack of sleep, I guess) and it really helps me cover that up. The occasional redness will have me grab for my studio fix, too. I'd rather go without though.

I hate eyeliner and I never wear it. I wear lipstick/lipliner from time to time. I don't have a favorite brand for lipstick. Lancome, MAC, Estee Lauder, Shiseido, etc. I'll wear any lipstick. I actually just discovered a rosy gloss that I like from Shiseido. I love Shiseido.

I don't know how to put on make-up skillfully, and so I usually just stick to the basics: Mascara and powder. To be honest with you, I've never been a girly-girl who loves to dabble in make-up. Nothing wrong with being a girly-girl. My schedule just has always called for quick and easy make-up routines. I do love perfume though. Perfumes are more up my alley.

I bet you've really learned a great deal about how to apply make-up skillfully working at the Benefit counter. Lucky girl! I have a friend who really likes Benefit stuff. I bought her a bunch of stuff from Benefit for her birthday.

Right now what I really need is a haircut. I have not made time to go to the salon and my hair is driving me up the wall. It's in an awkward stage between haircuts...This week for sure, I will get this taken care of. I went to lunch with my teacher and his wife yesterday and I loved her hairstyle. She looked so cute! I totally want my hair to look like hers. It was cut short in a kind of bob haircut. It looked super cute.

Anyway, glad that you finally tried MAC.

Have a great week!

Lexi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Hi Lexi,

yea, i'm not much of a fan for studio fix, but i do like some of their colors like eyeshadow and eyeliner. i've been thinking about doing a tutorial online on how to apply different kinds of makeup or how to create a certain look for the day or evening. i was planning on taking a picture with step by step procedures......we'll see.

funny thing, before and when i first started working for a cosmetic counter, i never or hardly ever wore makeup. my co-workers and coordinator would complain all the time. back then, i was afraid to use too much makeup. i didn't want to look over done. like everyone i know, i wanted to have a natural look. i came to find out that wearing all this makeup isn't so bad afterall. it's the best selling technique and you don't have to do all crazy heavy makeup.

anyhow, i like shiseido makeup also, but i find it to be a bit pricy. the reason why i like benefit is because it's for the girl on the go. there are these products called fake its that give you instant gratification without doing awhole lot. for example: "lemon aid" is a color corrector for lids. it gives your eyes a more fresher wake look without using eyeshadow. use your fingers, dab some on your eyelids and blend a bit. that's it! "georgia" is a face brightner. brush this all over your face to give yourself a nice warm glow. it turns dull skin to happy skin. LOL* ok i could go on, but i won't. hope you get a chance to try it sometime. i'm pretty sure you'll like benefit.

i definately feel more confident in myself when applying makeup on other people. recently, i've been hired by fullertons vsa club to do makeover on 26 girls for their culture show. i'm so excited!

you should take a picture when you get your hair cut. i'd love to see it. ^_^

-mb
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

How did you get hired?
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

my friend is dating the president of the club. ;)
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

Hey MB, I'd like some tips about make-up ! I can't do anything, I've tried many times but the result is always awful :(

My lips are too thin I have some troubles applying lipstick so I never wear lipstick lolol just gloss sometimes...

Eye liner is too difficult for me because my hands always shaking like mad (kreutzfel jacob disease ? lol).

So your tips would be very very helpful (it can be useful to know how to put make-up lolol) ^^.

Thanks in advance !!!
^_____________^.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

thanks Nniicky ^_^

i will definately start working on my tutorials and post them somewhere in this forum.

lips too thin? try lining your lips with a lip pencil first, then apply lipstick.

eyeliner was difficult for me to. it really just takes practice. my advice: close one eye and stretch out the outer corner of your eye with one hand while slowly tracing little by little with the other. don't try to draw a straight line in one shot. try this, use the dotted line technique to get you started. instead of drawing a line for the eyeliner, draw a dotted line ------- then smugde the line with either a Q-tip or if the pencil has a sponge tip on the other end, use that. don't forget, try to draw as close to the lash line as possible or draw dots in between the lashes. that works too! ;)

when i get a chance i'll try to take picture demo.
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

Ok thank you very much !!! I don't know why, I'm in a period when I want to make up and take care of my body, maybe it is Springtime lololol

I have to eat less and get fit too, I've gained some weight eating chocolate (Easter soon), biscuits and chips... :p
^_____________^.
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

I think nniicky and me have to practice some sport, i gained weight too, it's because i take the car almost everyday and i stay all day long sitting in front of the computer.. hehe.. before i used to take the public transport and i walked more.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

It's never too late to start working out... :) With fitness come many benefits :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

my first freelance job.

Post by mb_rockstar »

here are some pictures from the vsa culture show i worked last sunday.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

i had a lot of fun that day and i really enjoyed the show. everyone was very friendly and cooperative, so it made things easier for me. ^_^

oh yea, and i've been hired for 2 more culture shows this year in the summer. woo hoo!
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Spring Gala 2005

Post by mb_rockstar »

here are a few pictures from our spring gala event at lakewood macy's.

[1] [2] [3]

our next event will be on the 21st of May. we're planning on having a big luau!!
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

Wow the shows looks professional !!!

you look so different in those two different events, i don't think i would've been able to tell it was you.

thanks for sharing....

seeing the culture event reminds of me china.
i'm heaidng to china again in two weeks, this time i am gonig there alone for one month.....soooo excitied
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Eddy, you sure travel a lot :)

You know why she looks different in the second event? She's been working out... :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

^_^
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

Mikey_ wrote:
You know why she looks different in the second event? She's been working out... :)

Ahh... That's It ! :-D

I try to travel as much as I can before I go into reality....and living in hostels are really fun cuz i make so many random friends from all around the world.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

aww...thanks guys. it's only been 2 months and i'm feeling really good with my progress now. :)

wow eddy, you're so lucky to be able to travel so much. have fun in china!
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Isn't a hostel a prostitution place?
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

According to Dictionary.com

Hostel -

1. A supervised, inexpensive lodging place for travelers, especially young travelers.

It's just a cheap hotel, kinda like dormitories.

Actually, i've heard Hostel as prosititue place before......in like a novel???
DesIre_s
Curious Member
Curious Member

Makeups...?

Post by DesIre_s »

The kind of makeups I use is Avons, Maybelline, and L'orel
This usually takes me 15-20 minutes to get done
I don't like to wear makeup that much but I do sometimes. just for the fun of it.
PHV