any ladies up in here?

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

update...

Post by mb_rockstar »

just a little update. just thought i'd share. yes working for benefit is a challenge and i always love a challenge. it was a bit difficult at first, but i'm doing so well at my counter. we're actually up 19% from last year. my manager told me that i've surpassed the counters goal...

i love this job. ^_^
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Good... err... job :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

lol* thanks ^_^
Mikey_ wrote:Good... err... job :)
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

I don't use make-up very often because it takes me a very long time... And the result isn't so good so...

The web site is ok, but aren't those products designed for teens ? I didn't know this brand at all and I even didn't it was available in France (Paris, Sephora) lolol.

I usually use my sis' make up, when I have some money I will give it a try ^__________^ .... some day...

lol

Good luck MB !!!
^_____________^.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Nganh must be upset at you using her make-up ;) Just kidding.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Benefit cosmetics is good for all ages. We have something for everyone, even men! I've helped people at my counter from the ages of 16 - 60 and skin tones from the lightest shade to the most darkest shade. Our fun names and cute packaging really attracts people to us. We're different from all other counters.

Yep, most all macy's and sephora's have benefit products.

Thank you ^_^
Nniicky wrote:I don't use make-up very often because it takes me a very long time... And the result isn't so good so...

The web site is ok, but aren't those products designed for teens ? I didn't know this brand at all and I even didn't it was available in France (Paris, Sephora) lolol.

I usually use my sis' make up, when I have some money I will give it a try ^__________^ .... some day...

lol

Good luck MB !!!
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

Mikey_ wrote:Nganh must be upset at you using her make-up ;) Just kidding.
I don't use Nganh's make up but my eldest sis' lolo Nganh uses MY make up (lipgloss in particular :( )
^_____________^.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Lucky girl! I would love to work with make-up and perfume all day.

I don't really wear make-up. Once in a while I will get a zit and I will desperately try to cover it up (I know that this is the worst thing you can do!) with make-up. I use MAC or Estee Lauder though. I love Lancome mascara but I only wear it once a while, too.

I am more of a perfume fiend and I have dozens of bottles of perfume.

I hope that your job is going well.

Bye!

Lexi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

^_^ my job is going quite well lately. i've really brought up sales more than 50%. you should check out benefit sometime. we're in macy's and sephora. heck...you live in brea right? come by and visit me sometime...haha* i work in the lakwood mall macy's.

it's definately a fun line to work with. i don't wear makeup like MAC. i love the natural look and just cover up my little imperfections. i'm not dedicated to my line though. i'm willing to try different lines. my favorite mascara is from origins ( full story lashes $13-gel based ) and my favorite liner is from bobbi brown. it's a gel liner ( also, gel based-$18 ) that doesn't smudge. what's so good about gel based cosmetics? it's water resistant, so it doesn't bleed or give you racoon eyes and when you're ready to take it off, it's as easy as 1,2,3. you don't even need makeup remover, just a regular cleanser would suffice.

anyhow, i don't think i can ever work with parfumes. everyone there are so demanding, plus pay is like minimum and if i smell too many at once, i sneeze like CRAZY. i help out at the counter once in a while if they get too busy, but working there full time, that's just not for me.

so let me know if you're ever in the area, i'd love to show you what we have and of course meet another person that reads this forum.

^_^
Last edited by mb_rockstar on Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

hi,

Yes, I have hear that origins is pretty good. I rememember catching an episode of Oprah once many years ago and she gave her audience a bag full of great stuff from origins.

I visited the Lakewood Mall for the first time this year. I took a young friend shopping for her prom dress at this mall. She found something at Hot Topic and we were in and out of there quickly.

I will definately contact you if I ever head out that way again. Thank you for the offer for the make-up consultation. :D

Have a nice evening!

Lexi
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

*thinking to himself...* "Women and their Make-ups..." hehehe :roll:
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

it's fun to play with makeup ^_^
Mikey_ wrote:*thinking to himself...* "Women and their Make-ups..." hehehe :roll:
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Yes, it is :) I use it all the time before bedtime teehee...
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

i know!...but you really gotta take it easy on that exfoliant cleanser. don't wanna lose another eye brow.

LOL*

Mikey_ wrote:Yes, it is :) I use it all the time before bedtime teehee...
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi,

Is MAC unnatural looking? I guess I have not really noticed. I tend to prefer natural looking make-up, too. The only thing I really use from MAC is their pressed powder. I think it is called a "studio fix". My compact lasts me forever because I don't use it very often. I just dab some on when I have not slept much or am tired and I feel I could use a little color. The occassional blemish will have me reaching for my compact as well.

I also have a zillion MAC and Lancome lipsticks and lipliners that I have not worn in centuries. I probably should just toss them out as I'm not really nto lipsticks these days. I can't find one that I like. I can't live without Chap Stick though. I go through that stuff like crazy!

I love MAC's make-up remover. It's light, it doesn't leave your face feeling gross and oily. It takes off the most water resistent mascara easily. I recommend it.

I have to agree, make-up is fun! I like getting my nails painted, too. I keep my nails boyishly short. No acrylics for me just funky nail colors and designs. I work in a conservative office and so I usually just mess around with this stuff on the weekend.

See ya!

Lexi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

well...MAC is known for their vibrant intense colors. you ask a MAC artist to do a natural look on you, i garauntee it won't be natural at all. my customers complain a lot about "studio fix." depending on what type of skin and how sensitive you are, this compact and most of their makeup can make you break out.

what's great about our makeup is that a lot of our stuff have botantical and rasberry extracts that promote a healthier complexion. also, there are vitamin C and tea-tree oil that prevents you from breaking out. oh and a couple of other things, like algae, that disperses the natural oils in your face so that your face is well hydrated and chamomile that soothes the skin.

anyway, i can go on and on about these things. to answer your question about the lipliners and lipstick. these products take a long time to expire, so i definately would keep them. you never know when you you'll be needing your champagne brown lipstick.

i'll give MAC makeup remover a try sometime. i'm currently using biotherm's gel makeup remover. it's really good for sensitive eyes and it won't sting or leave a yucky feeling on your face.

i haven't painted my nails in so long. mainly because i work with them all the time, so like you, i have them cut pretty short.

"girls just wanna have fun" - cindy lauper
hunyee

Post by hunyee »

i love benefit.. esp the body glitter thingy... its luxurious!!! and smells sooooo nice!

mac eye shadows are great!!! i love going into the stores and having a good peep at them all!

my current favourite eye colour is green... jade green.

(however due to unforeseen circumstances i now use less make up.... to look less like a trannie V.V)
i havent been back on hkss in soooo many years... does anyone remember me???? >.<
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

i'm going to admit it... last friday, i did a little shopping at mac. i wanted to see what the hype was all about. mac counters are constantly busy, bringing millions of dollars in a year. that's INSANE!!

so, my friend and i decided to get a makeover at the mac counter on feb. 18th. this was the outcome. i kinda like it. ^_^
+

this is what they used on me:
eye base=
stilife (paint-beige)

e/s=
JUXT (light green)
HUMID (dark green)
RICEPAPER (beige)

eyeliner=
tealo

lips=
HOVER (lip pencil)
LOVE NECTAR (lustreglass)

Studio Fix= C3

Blush=
PEACH (peach)
HONOUR (light bronze)

*i love green*

oh, and the reason why mac's foundation would break some people out is because it has mineral oil. mineral oil is bad bad :( but you know, all makeup can make anyone break out. as long as you clean your face properly, you should be ok. :-D

Lexi: i've tried mac's makeup remover "wipes." it's really good. i'm impressed. it's like baby wipes, but for your face. you still need to give your face a good cleaning still. the wipes are good for just taking off all your face makeup quickly.

i still love benefit. ;) but i won't limit myself anymore.
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

Last sunday evening there was a report on TV about the the new makeup market in China ! They all want to sell there as now the average of the women pay are high enough to allow them to buy makeup !!! It was very interesting. There was also a report about Li Ka Sing (sorry for the spelling)the richer man in hong kong who has just bought Marionaud the number one in perfumery (shops that sells perfume/make up) in France.
twinklesstars
Curious Member
Curious Member

Post by twinklesstars »

I never use make up products when I am going to college or to work Sometimes I will wear make up on special occasions. I used esteer lauder perfume products and gucci perfume.

Rachel