Fitness Tips & Motivations

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Fitness Tips & Motivations

Post by mb_rockstar »

a new found motivation and on the road to success.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

so let's share some workout tips and stuff to keep you healthy.

does anyone have a routine they go by?

what are you're goals?
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Eat 3 times a day... Start the day with fruit, if possible.

Drink plenty of water.

Get your heart pumping fast for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.

Work out your muscles (women too!) -- the more muscles you have/ the more toned you become, the more calories you'll burn -- even while you're sleeping.

Work out.

Balance your meal -- portion your meal into daily rations. You're less likely to eat more than what you set aside. If you don't split up your meal, you're likely to finish it all at once.

Don't eat just because you think the food will be wasted. Pack it up for the next day.

Work out.

Sleep enough hours, if possible.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

this is what i've been doing.

Post by mb_rockstar »

wake up, stretch out for 5 min. and jump on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes.

eat breakfast
- yogurt, strawberries or a nutritional shake

have a snack
- 1/2 fruit bar

eat lunch (small portion)

have a snack
- 1/2 fruit bar

eat dinner (small portion)

stretch out for a few min. and jump on treadmill for 1 hour and sit ups.

i'm planning to do this for one whole month to get my workout routine started. once i start losing weight, i plan on hitting the gym and do some light weights to start toning my muscles.

my goal: lose 1-2 pounds a week.

it's good to set small goals. it won't look too overwhelming and you're more likely to continue with it. i just started with this routine and already i'm beginning to feel a lot better with myself. i have more energy.

the other day, i had a real wake up call. it was a combination of things that formed my motivation. realizing that i've been so lazy and procrastinating for so long. scared that one day i'm going to wake up completely depressed and just wanting to die. plus, i'm still young and want to continue to be youthful for as long as possible.

i read somewhere that you must develop a relationship with your body in order to be happy. i'm working on that.

anyhow, i'll keep you updated on my progress.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Oh, it's very important to eat something within 2 hours of waking up, or you'll be craving sugar all day long. Besides, it'll also jumpstart your body's metabolism.

Once you've got your muscle toning started, you'll continue losing weight even while you're sleeping (since your body has to work harder to support the new muscles.)

Your progress has been somewhat noticeable even though it's just been about a week :) Keep it up! It'll take at LEAST 2 months to even see any major differences -- so, don't be discouraged :)

I've found that my healthier eating habits have formed when I forced myself to eat healthier. It's no longer a hassle/struggle for me to eat that way :) In other words, the beginning is always the hardest and once you get used to it, it's a no-brainer.

One way to help ensure you won't overeat: use smaller plates.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

thank you for your encouraging words. a little means a lot.

i agree about eating within 2 hours of waking up. i notice that when i don't eat, i become slow and kinda moody. LOL* especially now that i'm working out in the morning, i really do need that boost of energy so i can continue with my day.

it's good to hear you've formed good eating habits. as for myself, i am struggling a bit, but i think i've been doing good the majority of the time. i'll get the hang of it eventually. when i go out, i do watch what i order and eat. a few days ago at work, my manager bought us pizza.....sigh* i had two slices. :P but hey as long as i'm working out and not splurging, i'll be fine.
Last edited by mb_rockstar on Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Two as in 2 SLICES, right? Not 2 PIZZAS...

I only ate ONE slice the other day... :) Proud of myself.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

yes....two slices. :P

*pat on back* good job. ^_^
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

I can't eat just after waking up. I'm not hungry in the morning. I become hungry around 11:00 A.M. I guess that would be lunch. Then I am not hungry again for dinner until around 5 or 6 or so.

I do agree with you, though. If you are on a diet, eating in the morning and having planned meals is probably the best thing to do. I'm not on a diet but I am still trying to exercise more. I'm a picky eater and so I usually eat pretty healthy stuff anyway. I endulge a little, too often on dessert for my own good (I love sugar) but for the most part my actual meals are quite healthy.

Yumm! pizza... that sounds delicious!
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

I won't say i need to lose weight but to lose fat and tonify my muscles (or to increase my muscles that is to say to transform my fat into muscles by doing exercises which is the most difficult for me. I don't managed to do sport or gym everyday or for a long term, ussually i do it for a week then i'm getting lazy.... Maybe i need to pay for a "gymnase club" so i would need to "make my money profitable" !! loool
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Hehehe... Buying a gym membership helps a LITTLE. What will help you to continually work out are:

- Motivation (even better: work out with a friend)
- Making it a habit (once you're in the habit, it'll become a natural routine)

Michael
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

It doesn't work at all ! I paid for a gym club and I went... twice lolol it was too difficult for me I think (even the beginner sessions) lololol

I'm too lazy...
^_____________^.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

yea...the gym got me started to working out but interest gets lost pretty quickly if you don't have the proper motivation.

i found my motivation in my friends and in myself. i know what i want and i won't stop til i get it. i've made exercise a part of my routine and now all i have to do is keep up with it everyday. ^_^
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

update

Post by mb_rockstar »

it's been about 2 months and a half and i've already lost 12 pounds. woo! i probably would have lost more if i was on a more strict diet, but eh....i enjoy food. i've gotten into the habit of eating in small portions. ask mike. i can't finish a meal. i can only eat half or less then half of it. lol*

been working out 3 times week, monday to wednesday at the gym with mike and his friend. they have really helped me push harder to accomplish my goals. thanks guys.

i don't like weighing myself anymore....i like looking at my clothes. i just wieghed myself and i gained 5 pounds. it's all muscle mass. i went from a size 18 to a size 14/13 maybe 12.

i bought these jeans a couple of months ago. size 14. they didn't quite fit, but i wanted to buy them anyways. i told myself that i will fit in them nicely one day. last night, i wore them to work for the first time and i noticed they were quite loose fitting on me. YAY! i found myself pulling my pants up often. need to get a belt. hehe* so, i might try buying pants that are size 12 now....well, for now.

i will be happy if i can fit back into a size 8. my ideal size would be a size 6.

^_^ some day....some day....
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

You're getting there :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

update

Post by mb_rockstar »

so, i was going thru my closet the other day and i found some cute t-shirts i haven't worn in a long time because they never fit me right. i tried them on and they actually fit nicely. when i looked at the tag, i notice it was a size M. sigh* it's been too long since i last worn a medium size top.

i also noticed that my favorite fitted jackets don't fit me right anymore. that's a good thing....but it's bad because they're my favorite! sigh* oh, well that's the price i have to pay i guess.

then i found some other pair of jeans that i bought but never wore. yes, i use to buy things that i couldn't wear at the time to motivate me more to work out. of course, i don't do that now....i'm learning to be smart with my money. anyhow, i tried those jeans on (without looking at the size) and again, they fit nicely now. HA! to my surprise they were a size 10.

4 sizes down, 4 more to go....i'm hoping to get down another 2 sizes down by the time my birthday comes around. that's in a couple of months.

i'm very happy with my progress.

the current job i'm working at right now has really encouraged me to eat right. everyone at work is health conscious and what's awesome is that the manager always brings us good healthy food and snacks to eat. eating right and saving money....now that's an awesome deal. lol*

i'm off to the gym now. ^_^
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

This is great, MB. Keep up the good work!!
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

thank you lexi :D i definitely will.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

So your goal size is a size 6? What is your actual goal weight?
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

thing is...weight isn't totally accurate. i'm not sure how much i will weigh when i get to a size six, but if i were to guesstimate, it would probably be 130lbs. or less.

when i was a size 4 back in my freshman year, i weighed about 115lbs. i think....now that i'm older and a bit bigger, it might be different. if that makes any sense. haha*

i'm not sure if a size 4 would look good with my body structure now. i don't want to look too bony.
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

True. I'm not too into looking bony either. I wear a size 5 but I would not consider myself bony. I kind of have big breasts. Sometimes makes it hard for me to shop. Everything cute is for small chested people and end up looking weird on me. I actually hate shopping for clothes. I do it once or twice a year or if I need something special for work. It depends on who makes the clothes though, too. I like Jones New York but I will wear other stuff, too. That brand somehow helps me look more proportioned. Perhaps it's all in my head. I just want to live in jeans anyway. :-D

Anyway, I am proud of you, young lady! With my recent schedule my exercise regime is now nonexistent. :-D