RECIPE: Miso Salmon (like Cheesecake Factory's)

Have a passion for food or want to discuss cuisines? Share your ideas here.... Yum, yum!

Moderator: Forum Mods

How would you rate this recipe?

5 - Excellent
No votes
4 - Good
No votes
3 - Okay
No votes
2 - Bad
No votes
1 - Very Bad
No votes

Total votes: 0

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

RECIPE: Miso Salmon (like Cheesecake Factory's)

Post by mb_rockstar »

i've been wanting to learn how to make miso salmon for the longest time. the first time tried it was at the cheesecake factory. when i get a chance i'm going to try out this recipe i found.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miso Salmon (Cheesecake Factory like)
Makes 4 servings

1 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
4 tablespoons light yellow miso (fermented soybean paste)
6 tablespoons sugar
4 salmon filets (about 5 or 6 ounces each)
1 1/2 cup snow peas

ADD the mirin, miso and sugar to a small, nonstick saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil for 3 minutes, whisking as it boils to create a smooth miso marinade.

RESERVE 1/3 cup of the miso marinade and set aside. Pour the remaining miso marinade over the salmon filets in a gallon zip-lock bag or a shallow dish. Let salmon marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour (or up to overnight).

GRILL salmon filets skin side down about 5 inches from the coals or heat for about 14 minutes or until salmon is cooked throughout. You can lightly brown the top of the salmon filets by broiling briefly in your kitchen oven or by gently flipping the salmon filets over and grilling them, flesh side down, for a couple of minutes.

MAKE a miso sauce for the table by adding the 1/3-cup of the reserved miso marinade to a small nonstick saucepan and stir in 3 tablespoons low-fat [or not] half-and-half and a teaspoon of Wondra flour. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce has reached your desired thickness. Also, add snow peas to a small microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup water, cover and cook on high until snow peas are just tender (about 3 minutes).

SERVE each portion of broiled salmon over a scoop of steamed white or brown rice (if desired) and top with a drizzle of the miso sauce. Fan snow peas on top for garnish.

PER SERVING: 265 calories, 30g protein, 12g carbohydrate, 9.5g fat (34% calories from fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 3.1g monounsaturated fat, 4g polyunsaturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 380mg sodium, 6 Weight Watchers points.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Sounds easy enough. When you described the dish to me the other day, I really wanted to try this out. Don't know when I'll organize another cooking get-together... I've been focusing on other things the past few months. Look forward to the next one though hehehehe!

Michael
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Yumm! MB, this sounds delicious! I don't eat a great deal of meat but when I do it's usually seafood. I love salmon.

I went to lunch during work the other day and we headed to a Vietnamese restaurant in Westminster. It was so delicious! I had an avocado shake and this beef noodle bowl that I didn't think I was going to like but it turned out to be quite tasty. It was wierd because they served me this bowl of soup with noodles in it and gave me a little plate with very thinly sliced raw meat and onions. When I first saw the raw meat I thought I would never be able to make myself eat it, but I had it all wrong. You put your meat in the soup and the meat is so thin that it cooks itself within seconds. I loved it! Can't wait to go back there. Maybe today, if I have time I will go get another avocado shake.

Thanks for sharing your miso salmon recipe!

Have a great day!

Lexi
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Lexi, that's called Beef Pho, one of my most favorite dishes.

I in fact had one for lunch today too hehehe... Mine was chicken though.

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

lexi, i love salmon too! especially sushi. hmm...i'm getting hungry. damn.

oooh.... pho ..... i love pho. never had it with chicken though.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi MB,

I tried the chicken one yesterday. It was really good. I skipped the avocado shake this time and ate this green bread stuff. My friend told me what the green bread was called but I don't remember. I just know that it was delicious! Kind of sweet and chewy, kind of a porous texture. I've had this green bread before. Yum! :-D

Today I will be good and eat salad for lunch. :(

Have a great day!

Lexi