Music: MIRIAM YEUNG "Electric Girl"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: MIRIAM YEUNG "Electric Girl"

Post by Mavis »

Okay, I know I'm way behind on my reviews. I'll try to catch up as much as I can, if I can find the time to write these reviews.

In her "Big Opening 2004" review I said I expect more from Miriam this year. Well, this is the one. "Electric Girl" should be Miriam's big album for the year. The album uses an 80s theme, though I'm not sure exactly how but some of the song titles and music does have an 80s feel. I hope this doesn't mean that the 1980s are already considered "retro".

First plug song track 1 "Kisses everywhere" is a very 80s like dance song. Not too heavy and easy to be liked. Great job by Mark Lui with the arrangements. Track 2 "Bother me" is similar, and written by CY Kong, who wrote quite a few popular fast songs back in the early 90s.

Track 3 "Small town, big story" is my favourite song of the album. The touching lyrics goes well with the music, making the song sound like scenes from a movie.

Track 5 "Alchemy" is the 2nd plug song. Well received because of the K-style and it's the theme song for one of Miriam's movies, but personally I liked track 7 "Electric girl" much better.

Ratings: 8/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 1 "Kisses everywhere"
Track 2 "Bother me"
Track 3 "Small town, big story"
Track 7 "Electric girl"
Track 10 "Tomorrow's song"