Donations

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Donations

Post by Eddy »

Hey mikey

I can't seen to access the donation link because of the chinese letters.....

got any ideas?

i live in nyc, so i guess i can send you money order if u prefer it that way...just trying to help

:) eddy

oh yeah, hmm....how are u gonna go about promoting this site?
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Chinese letters? Strange indeed :) If you have a PayPal account, you can also send your donation to [email protected].

Or, if you'd like, a Money Order is fine too. I'd recommend you send a Personal check instead to prevent anybody from intercepting your Money Order while it's in the mail.

Many thanks to you for considering to help me out :) If I get enough donations (eg. $9/month for 12 months = about $110/ year), I might consider opening up a brand-new website that will give each person who donated (and their friends and family or whomever) an e-mail address that allows for POP access with unlimited storage (well, up to 9 GB for everyone total.) Something like... [email protected] maybe... or what I thought of doing long time ago: [email protected] -- standing for "hkss interactive" -- this is where the chat room, this forum, etc. would be moved to.

As of now, I'm only getting 1 cent every 3 months (hahaha. How sad) in advertising revenue. That should change with more promotions and an update to the Stars' pages. That won't happen for another 2 years probably haha. Ugh.

Anyway, Eddy, how would I promote it? No spam for sure. I hate spam and am certainly not going to contribute to the problem.

Promotion through, say, a message here and there on popular message boards. Link updates on the major search engines. Link exchanges with bigger websites. And so on... I haven't done all of this for over 3 years. Things may have changed now, who knows?

Thanks again, Ed. But please remember, you're not obligated to donate anything. Only do so if you can.

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
http://www.hkss.com
Free Entertainment since 1996.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Oops... I typed in the donation link incorrectly. It has now been fixed.

Here's the link again.

Thanks for telling me about this problem. Whew! :shock:

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

Hey, I gave u a little donation through paypal, can you check if you got it or not ? i am not sure if it's worked....

my aim is speedjim8

eddy
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Hi Eddy!

Thank you for your very generous donation! The PayPal thing went through and your address was listed. Is that your correct address? :)

I'll update the Donations forum in a bit.

All donations, by the way, will be used ONLY for HKSS.com (and not for my personal life.) So, if there's enough help through advertising revenue and donations in the future, and if all donors agree to it, I could set up a new domain exclusively for all HKSS.com visitors. Examples: your own POP e-mail account, web page, etc. :)

Thanks again, Eddy.

EDIT: Hey, is there anything particular you'd like me to link to at the List of Contributions page?

Michael
Founder, Webmaster