Message format...

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Message format...

Post by Guest »

hmm... nice upgrade... but I would think that it would be better if newer messages appear on top by default. :lol:
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Is this you, Niicky?

Newer messages at the top by default? That seems nice, but the more I think about it, the more it may seem unnatural for some people to have to go the last page to read the oldest message, and then read up... Most people are used to reading down.

Do you know what I mean? What do you think?

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
http://www.hkss.com
Free Entertainment since 1996.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

very nice...

Post by mb_rockstar »

a lot has change since i last came online. good job mike. this place is really looking good. :)

also, yea i agree with mike. i like it the way it is right now. i'm use to reading down rather than up...
Mikey_ wrote:Is this you, Niicky?

Newer messages at the top by default? That seems nice, but the more I think about it, the more it may seem unnatural for some people to have to go the last page to read the oldest message, and then read up... Most people are used to reading down.

Do you know what I mean? What do you think?

Michael
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Hey, rockstar!

I was wondering where you were... A lot of people were waiting for you in the chat room, but you seemed to have disappeared hahaha...

You live in Long Beach??

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

No, it wasn't me Mikey lol. I think it is better to put the new messages on the top, it is far more easier for us to read messages that way ! Just imagine you have 10 pages in General Discussions, you don't want to go to last page to see the latest messages right ? It will be very annoying...
^_____________^.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Hi Mikey!

wow, really? a lot ppl were waiting for me in the chatroom? hmm..i'm popular and i didn't even know it. j/k :P hehe...

Yes, I live in Long Beach. :)
Mikey_ wrote:Hey, rockstar!

I was wondering where you were... A lot of people were waiting for you in the chat room, but you seemed to have disappeared hahaha...

You live in Long Beach??

Michael
for some new ppl who come to this forum, i'd like to see where the discussion originated (orginal post), so that i can properly post my thoughts. i've notice with most forums, they usually stray off topic. if new post are on top and there were 10 pages, we would have to go all the way back just too see the original post.
Nniicky wrote:I think it is better to put the new messages on the top, it is far more easier for us to read messages that way ! Just imagine you have 10 pages in General Discussions, you don't want to go to last page to see the latest messages right ? It will be very annoying...
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

wow, really? a lot ppl were waiting for me in the chatroom? hmm..i'm popular and i didn't even know it. j/k hehe...
Haha... well, you disappeared for a while :)

Long Beach... another HKSS guest lives in LB. Kevin... saw him post on the old forum again recently. Plus, I live near LB.

Heck, my female cousins go to CSULB!

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

About the messages order, my first "instinct" was to expect to see the new messages on top. Maybe because my mail box is setted like this, the newest thing on top so you don't need to scroll down to see your new messages and you expect to see the same thing on the forum.

But now that read the messages on the reverse order, it is also ok, and it stimulate you to read all from the beginning :)